PROMISS adapts to Covid-19
The outbreak of COVID-19, a new form of coronavirus, and its rapid spread around the world has required the PROMISS project partners to adapt to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Our annual PROMISS consortium meeting was held virtually and although we couldn’t meet up face-to-face, we were able to have virtual in-depth discussions and decide effectively on the project’s next steps.
- Our PROMISS long-term (cost)effectiveness study also had to adapt its final tests to ensure participants’ health and safety. Starting from March 16 2020, the final follow-up measurement was postponed until further notice. Final measurements were resumed in April (through interview by phone) except for the physical measurements. Starting from the beginning of June, the physical measurements at the clinic site were also resumed in both Finland and the Netherlands. Those with no health complaints potentially caused by the coronavirus were allowed to visit the clinic site.
- The way PROMISS results are disseminated is impacted too. Our partners’ conferences European Geriatric Medicine Society – EuGMS and European Society for Clinical Nutrition & Metabolism – ESPEN are going virtual and the International Congress of Dietetics has been postponed to 2021. Nevertheless, we will make sure that the strategies developed based on our PROMISS research findings will be shared with the relevant target audiences.
The PROMISS consortium encourages everyone to follow the guidance of the World Health Organisation and government measures taken in our respective countries. For reliable information about the pandemic, please visit only trusted sources among which:
- European Commission (available in all EU languages) and European Centre for Disease Control
- World Health Organisation(available in different languages), including: WHO recommendation how to maintain good mental health during COVID-19
- COVID-19 and older people in Europe (from our partner AGE Platform Europe)
- Covid-19 and nutrition page from the American Society for Nutrition